The MSc Programme in Energy Economics is an interdisciplinary and a collaboration postgraduate programme between International Institute for Petroleum, Energy Law and Policy (IIPELP) and Emerald Energy Institute, University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC). The programme is resident at IIPELP, Abuja.
The International Institute for Petroleum, Energy Law and Policy (IIPELP) was established in 2007 to proffer solutions to the current gabs that exist in knowledge, institutional development, governance, legal and regulatory framework for the Energy Industry in Nigeria and Africa.
To be at the forefront of the incubation of ideas and become an inimitable global institute of Excellence in Petroleum, Energy, law and Policy.
To equip, empower and engage graduate students and skilled professionals and managers for the management and governance of petroleum, energy industry and institution. Through commitment to:
· Academic Excellence
· Applied Research and Policy Analysis
· Continuing Education, Professional Development and Training
TEACHING AND LEARNING
· Quality of Learning: The quality of learning is very high and conforms to global best practices. The IIPELP faculty consist of tested and trusted industry expects, who have contributed immensely to the global development of Energy sector.
· Key Facilities: Our facilities are excellent and conducive to learning and human capacity development. They are well equipped to enhance knowledge and practice for graduate, junior and senior professionals and top executives/management team.
· Courses: MSc Petroleum, Energy Economics, Management & Policy